- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 187.1
- Total Fat: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 298.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Vegan Whole Wheat Naan from Vegan LibreSubmitted by: TVQUEEN6833
* 3/4 cup warm water (approximately 120 degrees Fahrenheit)
* 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp active dry yeast
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp salt
* approximately 3 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (or unbleached all-purpose flour if you donít have whole wheat pastry flour)
* all-natural cooking spray
After the hour is up, remove dough, and punch out the gases. Separate into 8 equal parts, and roll into small spheres.
Heat a skillet over medium flame. You can try non-stick, but I prefer a cast iron skillet. Spray it well. Once hot, flatten one sphere of dough into a disc, and cook in skillet for about 45-60 seconds on each side. You can press it down with a spatula to flatten it if you like. Repeat for each sphere - make sure you spray the skillet in between each one, especially if itís not non-stick.
You can experiment with adding a bit of ground cumin to the dough as well, but youíll find that the coriander gives it a delicate but interesting flavor.
Enjoy with just about anything - a great combination is with Masoor Dahl!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TVQUEEN6833.