- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 543.1
- Total Fat: 22.7 g
- Cholesterol: 127.5 mg
- Sodium: 1,251.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 15.4 g
Grandma's Homemade Waffles with a TwistSubmitted by: PASTORCHEEZHEAD
IntroductionGrandma's homemade buttermilk waffles, only healthier. Instead of buttermilk I've substituted vanilla yogurt. I haven't yet but you could sub apple sauce for the oil and make them even healthier Grandma's homemade buttermilk waffles, only healthier. Instead of buttermilk I've substituted vanilla yogurt. I haven't yet but you could sub apple sauce for the oil and make them even healthier
3 Cups Vanilla Yogurt
2 Cups Fat-free Skim Milk
2/3 Cup Canola Oil or Apple Sauce
4 Cups Flour White or Whole Wheat
4 tsp. Baking Powder
6 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt (optional)
2. In medium bowl mix dry ingredients
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet while stirring
4. Continue stirring until all dry ingredients mixed in, don't worry about the clumps.
5. Let stand while Waffle Iron is heating up
6. Place approximately 1/4 cup of batter at center corner of each square of iron, and close lid.
7. Let cook for approximately 5 min. or when steam is no longer seen coming from iron.
8. Serve with butter, syrup, peanut butter, your favourite fruit preserve or pie filling.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PASTORCHEEZHEAD.