- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 203.1
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
- Sodium: 82.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 29.6 g
Broiled Chicken Kabobs with VegetablesSubmitted by: 60SIXTY
IntroductionThis chicken recipe gives you a quick version to the traditional kabobs, without the heartburn that can occur with the usual kabob recipe. Serve with long-grain brown rice. This chicken recipe gives you a quick version to the traditional kabobs, without the heartburn that can occur with the usual kabob recipe. Serve with long-grain brown rice.
• 4, 10" wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
Olive Oil Pam (0.5g = 0.6sec spray), 1 serving
Olive Oil, .5 tbsp (remove)
Rosemary, dried, 0.25 tsp / or fresh if available
Chicken Breast, no skin, 8 ounces - cut in 1 inch pieces
Oregano, ground, .5 tsp
Zucchini, 2 cup, sliced (remove seeds if indicated}
Button Mushrooms, fresh, 1.5 cup, whole
Basil, 1 tbsp (remove)
• Add chicken pieces to bowl and mix well.
• Let sit for 5 minutes.
• Spray a broiler pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
• Stir zucchini pieces and mushrooms into the bowl of chicken mixture and stir to blend.
• Thread chicken, mushrooms and zucchini pieces, alternating them, on all 8 skewers.
• Place kabobs on broiler pan [or grill]
• Broil 5 minutes on each side, turning once.
• Serve with hot brown rice.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 60SIXTY.