Blueberry MuffinsSubmitted by: GRANLUND
IntroductionAn easy recipe using things you have at hand! An easy recipe using things you have at hand!
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 cup skim milk
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons of butter, cut in small pieces
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
dash of cinnamon
2. In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and the 2
tablespoons of sugar.
3. Stir the eggs and milk into the melted butter and then mix the liquid ingredients into the large bowl
4. In another small bowl mix the blueberries with the 1/4 cup of flour and 1/2 sugar.
5. Gently fold the blueberries into the cake mixture
6. Pour batter into 18 muffin cups (I only fill the cups 1/2-3/4 full)
7. Use the same bowl from the blueberries, flour and sugar to combine the ingredients for the strudel topping. Use hands, pastry blender, or two forks to combine into crumbles. Sprinkle the topping on batter.
8. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes for dark pan, 20 minutes for light pan.
1. You can substitute white flour for all of the whole wheat flour in this recipe if desired, I just like the taste of the whole wheat flour.
2. Many users have reported that they only get 12 muffins from this recipe. I use standard size muffin tins and only fill the cups slightly over 1/2 full. The smaller size portions work better for our family, but you can fill the cups to 3/4 if you want bigger muffins.
3. You can eliminate the strudel topping and the calories change to 111, 3.3 g fat, 18.3 g carb, .5 g fiber, and 2.5 g protein. This was my original recipe, but my family concurs that the topping makes a huge difference in the taste and worth the extra 25 calories.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GRANLUND.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made these without the topping because I had no brown suger (oops!) and then added chopped dried apricot because I only had 1 cup of dried blueberries (used dried by the way lol). Otherwise I followed the directions and made 12 muffins and like 7 mini muffins. DELICIOUS!! - 6/14/11
I made these this morning and they are very easy to make! My only issue with them is they stuck to the paper SO BAD! Maybe I shouldn't use the paper... also I used Splenda, Egg Beaters, and 1% milk. I will probably use the stated ingredients next time! I got 18 muffins out of the batter. - 11/14/08