Quinoa SoupSubmitted by: SRTINCHER
IntroductionQuinoa Soup recipe found at http://www.recipetips.com/reci
up.asp Quinoa Soup recipe found at http://www.recipetips.com/reci
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots - chopped
- 1/2 cup celery - chopped
- 1/2 cup onions or scallions - chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup quinoa - rinsed
- 2 cups chicken - cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup parsley - chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Add ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery, and ½ cup chopped onions or scallions to the heated oil and saute for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to brown.
* Stir in chicken stock or broth and bring to a boil.
* Stir in ½ cup of rinsed quinoa, 1 lb. of cooked and diced chicken, ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
* Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve. This recipe yields approximately 8 one-cup servings.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SRTINCHER.