Dairy Free Broccoli SoupSubmitted by: PLCALWAYS
IntroductionThick, smooth broccoli soup with out the dairy or added fat. Thick, smooth broccoli soup with out the dairy or added fat.
2 large stalks broccoli
1 yellow onion coarsley chopped
1 large carrot
1 celery stalk
6 small cans low-sodium chicken broth
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs. Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning or salt to taste
2.Saute onion in 2 cloves of chopped garlic in pot with 1 tbs olive oil.
3. Once onions are translucent cook with chopped carrot and celery for 3 minutes.
4. Add in chicken broth - 3 small cans
5. Add in chopped broccoli.
6. Sprinkle in italian seasoning and sea salt to taste .
7. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until veggies are tender.
8. In batches, blend until smooth.
Makes 8 - 1 cup servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PLCALWAYS.