- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 128.5
- Total Fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 14.2 mg
- Sodium: 198.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Cilantro PestoSubmitted by: ALHALH
Nonstick cooking spray
8 medium-sized portobello mushrooms (5-6 inches in diameter)
1c zucchini, finely chopped
1c carrots, shredded
3 green onions, thinly sliced
4T unseasoned breadcrumbs
.5c shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
SPINACH -CILANTRO PESTO
1c loosely packed spinach leaves
1/4c finely chopped cilantro (Chinese parsley)
3 cloves garlic
1/4t ground cumin (hot Tex-Mex spice)
1T fat-free parmesan cheese
2t olive oil
2t lemon juice
1-2 T water
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all pesto ingredients except olive oil
lemon juice, and water in a blender.
1. Pulse Blend until coarsely chopped.
2. Gradually add olive oil and lemon juice until mixture is finely chopped.
3. Add enough water to make a paste
4. Salt and pepper to taste and use at room temperature.
Rinse mushrooms well. Gently remove mushroom stems without damaging mushroom cap.
5. Chop mushroom stems and set aside.
6. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
7. Add chopped mushrooms stems, zucchini, carrots and green onions and saute until crisp-tender (8-10 minutes). Stir in the breadcrumbs and Spinach-Cilantro Pesto. MIX WELL.
Divide mixture and gently pack, in a mound, on the mushroom caps.
8. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
9. Arrange mushrooms on pan, cover with foil, and roast at 425 degrees until mushrooms are tender, about 15 minutes.
10. Uncover, sprinkle mushrooms with cheese, and continue cooking for 5 additional minutes.
NOTE: You can marinate portobella mushrooms aprox 30 minutes before using them.
1. Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar approx 1/2 c of olive oil and 1/4 c of vinegar) in a large ziplock bag.
2. Add the cleaned mushrooms, shake them around a bit, take them out of the ziplock bag and let them sit for 30 minutes before packing the mushrooms packing the mushrooms.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALHALH.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Very nice. We added a splash of Sesame Oil to the marinade, a little oregano and basil to the saute and did them on the grill. Use a spoon to gently clean out the gills. Grill 3-4 min topside up, med heat. Bring inside to stuff and return to grill for 6-8 min over lower heat.
You have a winne - 5/7/07