- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 275.6
- Total Fat: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 188.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
Tofu with Peanut-Ginger SauceSubmitted by: C_ANEMONE
5 tablespoon water
4 tablespoon peanut butter, natural, smooth
1 tablespoon vinegar, rice, or white vinegar
2 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
2 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 clove(s) garlic, minced
14 ounce(s) tofu, extra-firm, preferably water-packed
2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 cup(s) spinach, baby, (6 ounces)
1 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced, (4 ounces)
4 whole scallion(s) (green onions), sliced (1 cup)
1. Whisk water, peanut butter, rice vinegar (or white vinegar), soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
To prepare tofu:
2. Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
4. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
5. Add spinach, mushrooms, scallions and the peanut sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user C_ANEMONE.