Chocolate BiscottiSubmitted by: PURPLEZEBRA
IntroductionMakes 54 Cookies Makes 54 Cookies
2 cups White Flour
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Penzey's Dutch Process Cocoa (Or other high quality cocoa)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Large Eggs
2 Egg white
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Grated Orange Zest
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, until blended.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, zest, and extract. Add to flour mixture. Mix together until combined(dough will be sticky).
4. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands and on lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 of dough into 14-inch-long rope, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Flatten rope to 1-3/4 inch width. Roll remaining dough into another 14-inch -long rope, place 3 to 4 inches away from first rope, and then flatten.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven until firm to the touch, 24 to 26 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Leave oven on. Slide loaves onto a cutting board. Remove parchment paper from cookie sheet. With thin blade knife, cut loaves into 1/2 -inch thick slices. Place slices, cut sides down, back on baking sheet(they can touch).
6. Bake until dry, another 15 minutes, turning biscotti over after 7 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Store in air tight container. Great for dipping in tea or your favorite hot drink. Makes 54 cookies.
Number of Servings: 54
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PURPLEZEBRA.