Garbanzo and Zucchini SoupSubmitted by: LAWOLF2
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 Clove chopped garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
2 chopped, medium zucchini
1 Can 16 oz garbanzo beans
1 Teaspoon sea salt or 1 1/2 tsp Herbamare
3 cups water
3 cups fresh baby spinach
4 Teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
2. Add zucchini and cook just until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garbanzo beans, salt, and water and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat down and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the spinach to the soup pot and stir well. Cook for about 10 more minutes, until the spinach has cooked down.
5. Add fresh ground pepper if desired, and serve with about 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese per serving.
Makes 4 servings (1.25 to 1.5 cups each)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAWOLF2.