Stir fried idly with veggiesSubmitted by: REKHAKAKR
IntroductionThis is dish i make quite often . i love idlies so just keep experimenting with them This is dish i make quite often . i love idlies so just keep experimenting with them
* Cabbage, fresh, .5 cup, chopped
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), .5 cup, strips
* Onions, raw, .25 cup, chopped
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, .5 cup, chopped or sliced
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Peanuts, dry-roasted, 30 grams
* Salt, 8 dash (remove)
* Chili powder, .5 tsp
* idli, 12 serving
* chana dal, dry, 0.05 cup
* *Spice, Mustard (seed), .5 tbsp
cilantro leaves for garnish
2. after about 1 minute add onion and cook them on medium for 2 mins and than add chopped tomatoes to it fry them for about 3-4 mins till they are nicely cooked and mashed .
3. Add green pepper strips and cabbage to it and now you can add salt and chilli powder too if you like less of spice skip chilli powder.
4. when this mixture is ready, cut one idli into 4 and add all the pieces to the mixture and serve garnished with chopped cilantro leaves and roasted peanuts.
OPTIONAL: you can add little tomato ketchup to it as my kids do it but i like it just as it is.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user REKHAKAKR.