Egg PenguinsSubmitted by: HELINA1986
* 4 hard-boiled eggs
* 2 medium carrots
* 4 long toothpicks
* 4 short toothpicks (or regular size)
* 1 (6 ounce) can jumbo pitted black olives
2. Clean a "fat" carrot (first removing the green) and cut about an inch off the carrot from the top.
3. Cut a notch (upside-down V,) in front and in back of the carrot . Your carrot now looks like penguin feet.
4. After your eggs have cooled, peel the shell off.
5. Take a long toothpick and put it into the center of the "feet".
6. Slip the cooled hard boiled egg onto the toothpick, wide side down.
7. Slip a short toothpick, through the egg. About half way up the egg.
8. Cut a "beak" from a leftover piece of carrot
9. Make a small nick in the middle of a jumbo pitted black olive and push the carrot (beak) into the olive.
10. Place the olive on top of the toothpick, sticking out of the body, he now has a head!
11. Get another black pitted olive and cut it in half.
12. Place each half onto the "arms" of the short toothpick, penguin flippers!
13. They look great in the middle of a plate of Deviled Eggs.
14. No two penguins look alike and everyone loves them.
15. Get creative, give them a scarf or cut the beak so that it's open".
16. (Safety Note) Watch the toothpicks around kids, they will want to eat the penguins.
17. (Second Safety Note) Watch the adults too.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HELINA1986.