Taco PieSubmitted by: CHEEBOLOVE
Introductiontaco in pie form...what could go wrong? taco in pie form...what could go wrong?
* 2 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts, thawed
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 2 cups shredded lettuce
* 1 large tomato, diced
* sour cream (optional)
* black olives (optional)
2. In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat.
3. Place half the refried beans in each pie shell, smearing over the bottom and the sides of the partially baked shells. Spread a layer of ground meat over the beans, and top with the onion, crushed tortilla chips, and cheese.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and the cheese is bubbly. Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and black olives. (last two are options)
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEEBOLOVE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
someone please tell me how this recipe is healthy at 4,198 calories - 8/5/09
Reply from CHEEBOLOVE (8/10/09)
I forgot to input the number of servings...