- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 176.9
- Total Fat: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 40.0 mg
- Sodium: 602.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 14.9 g
Unstuffed Cabbage Tweeked (slowcooker)Submitted by: NJMICKEY
IntroductionCrockpot recipe for unstuffed cabbage tweeked. Crockpot recipe for unstuffed cabbage tweeked.
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
large head of cabbage
1 tbsp olive oil
lean ground turkey (about a pound, one package)
2 small cans of tomato sauce or one large can
1 can of diced tomatoes (use one with, basil, oregano, and garlic if you like it)
salt and pepper
Grinder seasoning (I use McCormick's any one is good.)
2. Chop onion and garlic and saute in oil for 3-5 minutes unitl tender and add to crock pot.
3. In the same pan, brown the turkey.
4. Add the turkey and all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
5. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours. Stir half-way through cooking. (don't stress if you forget).
6. Stir again 1/2 hours before done.
7. Serve over rice (I use Steamfresh brown rice). Rice not calculated in calories.
Makes 8 servings of a about a cup.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NJMICKEY.