Artichoke Veggie PizzaSubmitted by: NJMICKEY
IntroductionThis is a hearty, delicious homemade pizza that uses whole wheat dough, artichoke hearts, oinions, garlic, and mushrooms. This is a hearty, delicious homemade pizza that uses whole wheat dough, artichoke hearts, oinions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Trader Joe's whole wheat Pizza dough (or any)
Trader Joe's Pizza sauce (or any) (about 3/4 cup to a cup)
Sargento part-skim shredded Mozzarella on package
Cento Artichoke Hearts (1 can) quarted, reserve juice for cooking
large onion chopped
5 medium mushrooms sliced
5 galric cloves chopped
2. Set dough on counter for 20 minutes to warm up.
3. Saute onion in cooking spray and a little of the artichoke water for about 3-4 minutes until tender.
4. Add artichoke hearts and cook for a few minutes, then add garlic and mushrooms and remove from heat.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface. Carfefully transfer to hot pizza stone.
6. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce on dough, then spread vegtable mixture, then top with the rest of hte sauce and the entire package of cheese. Top with italian seaonings.
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes on pizza stone or 6-8 on baking sheet.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NJMICKEY.