Crab CakesSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionCrab Cakes good enough to serve to company!! No bread crumbs. Crab Cakes good enough to serve to company!! No bread crumbs.
1 lb Crab Meat (Backfin)
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Egg, Large
1 tsp Onion, grated
1 .5 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped fine Fresh
2 Tbsp Bell Pepper, Chopped fine Green
1 tsp Mustard, Colman's Dry
Dash Each of Tabasco Sauce & Worcestershire Sauce
2. Whisk Egg, then add Mayonnaise, Dry Mustard, Tabasco Sauce & Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Beat until smooth.
4. Add Onion, Parsley, & Green Parsley and mix well.
5. Add Crab Meat and gently mix in to above mixture.
6. Form into 4 equal sized patties.
7. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 to 2 hours.
8. Fry in Oil until one side is golden brown & then flip to other side and cook till golden brown.
This is a recipe that I begged from an old friend after having them for dinner at her house many years ago. The only difference is that the original recipe called for butter for the frying. I don't care for butter, so use Olive oil instead. This is the only recipe that I've seen for Crab Cakes that are made without bread crumbs.
You can adjust the seasoning to your preferences.
Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.