Potato Leek SoupSubmitted by: SAIHENJIN
R>this is the recipe for potato leek soup from simply recipes. http://simplyrecipes.com/recip
R>this is the recipe for potato leek soup from simply recipes.
* 3 large leeks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean. Use only the white and pale green parts, chop.
* 2 Tbsp butter
* 2 cups water
* 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)*
* 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
* Marjoram - dash
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* Tabasco sauce or other red chili sauce
* Salt & Pepper
Note: Is gluten free if you use gluten free broth/boullion.
2 Add water, broth, and potatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Scoop about half of the soup mixture into a blender, puree and return to pan. Add marjoram, parsley, and thyme. Add a few dashes of chili sauce to taste. Add some freshly ground pepper, 1-2 teaspoons salt or more to taste.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SAIHENJIN.