- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 1,685.5
- Total Fat: 74.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,888.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 167.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 38.4 g
- Protein: 43.4 g
Coconut squash chickpea curry - slowcookerSubmitted by: JUSTYNA7
IntroductionThis is such a nice change to my vegetarian curry and a hit with the whole family. Omit the peanut or cashew butter if there are alergy worries and I always leave out the salt because my boulion cube seems salty enough. This is such a nice change to my vegetarian curry and a hit with the whole family. Omit the peanut or cashew butter if there are alergy worries and I always leave out the salt because my boulion cube seems salty enough.
2 cups cubed pelled butternut squash
2 cups peeled potato
1 540 ml can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. oil
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. gingerroot minced
3 Tbsp. mild curry paste
1 can 400 ml light coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock (one boulion cube and one cup water)
1/4 cup cashew butter or peanut butter (optional)
1/4 tsp salt (I leave out)
2 cups packed shredded swiss chard
1 cup frozen peas
2 Tablespoons fresh corriander for garnish
1. Combine the squash and potato and chickpeas in slowcooker.
2. Saute the onion, garlic, gingerroot until the onion is yellow (about 7 minutes) and then add curry paste and stir until the mixture is fragrant (about 1 minutes). Add to vegetables.
3. Add coconut milk, stock and nut butter. Turn slow cooker on low and cook covered at least 4 hours until veg. are tender.
4. Stir in swiss chard and peas and cook on high 15 minutes until swis chard is wilted.
5. Sprinkle servings with corriander.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JUSTYNA7.