Pan-Seared Tuna with Olive-Wine Sauce
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionAn elegant entree of tuna, bathed in an herb-infused white wine sauce, served on a bed of couscous. An elegant entree of tuna, bathed in an herb-infused white wine sauce, served on a bed of couscous.
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 oz.) tuna steaks (about two inches thick)
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- orange rind (optional)
2. Sprinkle black pepper and salt over tuna. Recoat skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until very hot. Add tuna; sauté 5 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or to desired degree of doneness. Remove tuna from skillet. Spoon couscous into each of 4 large shallow bowls: arrange tuna to the side. Set aside; keep warm.
3. Add wine mixture to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is lightly reduced. Pour sauce evenly over steaks. Garnish with orange rind, if desired.
Makes 4 servings (approx 3 oz tuna and 1/2 cup cooked couscous.)