Mango SorbetSubmitted by: C_ANEMONE
3 medium mango(es), ripe
1/2 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) water
1/3 cup(s) banana(s), coarsely mashed
2 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place whole mangoes in a shallow baking pan and roast until very soft, 70 to 90 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
3. When the mangoes are cool enough to handle, remove skin and coarsely chop pulp, discarding pit. Place the mango pulp and accumulated juices in a food processor. Add banana and lime juice; process until very smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the sugar syrup.
4. Cover and refrigerate until cold, 40 minutes or overnight.
5. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.) Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user C_ANEMONE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
It sounds very good can't wait to try it, thanks. Just concerned about the time it says 970 minutes to prepare and that's kinda long. Lol - 8/19/09
Reply from C_ANEMONE (11/24/10)
It takes that long just because it has to freeze overnight. :)