Vanilla CupcakesSubmitted by: CBRYTEACH
IntroductionFrom Cook Yourself Thin From Cook Yourself Thin
3 Lg. Egg Whites
1 C. Sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 lemon, finely grated zest
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 finely ground almonds
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Lg. eggs
3/4 C. sugar
2 tsps. vanilla
1 1/4 cups. peeled zucchini, finely grated.
1) Combine egg whites, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a heat proof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water. Stir continuously until sugar is melted (1-2 min.)
2) Remove bowl from heat. Beat on high until mixture is entirely cooled, golssy, and stiff (about 7 min.) blend in the lemon zest until smooth. Let frosting set and cool in refrigerator (at least 30 min.) while making cupcakes.
To Make Cupcakes:
1) Arrange a rack in teh cnet of the oven. Line a 12- muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2) In a bowl whisk together the flour, almonds and baking powder, set aside. In another bowl beat the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla with a mixer until thick and light colored, about 4 minutes. Beat in the zucchini on low speed until fully incorporated.
3) Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until flully incorporated, scraping down the bowl once with a spatula during beating. Use a 1/3 cup. measure to spoon into the muffin cups.
4) Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes, turning the pan midway through bakng. Transfer cupcakes out onto a wire rack and cool completely before icing with the chilled frosting
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CBRYTEACH.