rotel chickenSubmitted by: MAWBARBARA
IntroductionGreat with mashed potatoes or noodles Great with mashed potatoes or noodles
chicken,3 breast+4thighs(bone and skin removed for nutritional info,but is good with it left on too,but then you have more fat.)
1 c. onions chopped
.25 c. celery chopped
2 tsp. garlic, minced
3 or 4 tsp. olive oil ( or veg. oil)
black pepper to taste(optional)
salt to taste (optional), don't add much salt because of salt in tomatoes and soup.I didn't figure salt in nutritional info.
1 can rolel tomatoes
1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp. Lee & Perrin's worchestershire sauce
1 c. water
.25 c. all purpose flour
2. Dust chicken with flour lightly
3. Brown chicken until golden in oil in skillet or dutch oven. Remove
4. Add onions and celery to pan ,put lid on to sweat.
5. When veg. are soft and clear add garlic and cook 1 or 2 min.
6. Add rotel , worchestershire, soup and water, whisk until well blended.
7. Add chicken back to pot, cover and simmer covered until tinder,turning occasionally. Check for seasoning when done.
8. If gravy is to watery, take off lid and reduce.
9. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles
10. makes 6 to 10 servings,depending on portion size
Can be cooked in crock pot also, don't add as much water at first or it will be to watery. Put chicken in crock pot after browning, set temp on high. Add other ingredients after combined in pot as directed above. Then cook on high or low depending on your preference. I still turn chicken in the crock pot.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAWBARBARA.