- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 386.1
- Total Fat: 15.4 g
- Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
- Sodium: 585.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 21.9 g
Bananas with "bacon" and low fat cheese sauceSubmitted by: ~*~VICKY~*~
IntroductionMy childhood favourite, made a little healthier My childhood favourite, made a little healthier
8 bacon-style turkey rashers
1.5 oz plain flour
1.75 oz buttery spread
2 oz half fat mature cheese, grated
20 floz 1% milk
2. Melt buttery spread over a low heat in a pan
3. Take pan off the heat and mix in the flour until there is a smooth paste.
4. Return pan to a medium heat and very gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. You may not need all the milk-stop at a consistency that you are happy with.
5. Add grated cheese to the sauce.
6. Put bananas in the microwave for 3 minutes.
7. Wrap each banana in 2 bacon-style turkey rashers and place in a dish.
8. Pour cheese sauce over the bananas.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
This recipe is great with canned sweetcorn added too!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VICKYPALMTREE.