Tomatoe Eggplant BruschettaSubmitted by: NADIAK
IntroductionYUMM-O!!! This is baked eggplant and french pesto bread with tomatoe basil and onion salad. YUMM-O!!! This is baked eggplant and french pesto bread with tomatoe basil and onion salad.
2 Small Unpeeled Eggplants
2 cup, Tomatoes diced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 8 tbsp
1/4 cup basil leaves finely chopped
1 Garlic clove minced
1 cup onion minced
1 tbs curry powder
2 tbs parsley flakes
8 medium slices of french bread
1/4 cup pesto
4 tbs I cant believe its not butter ( any other healthy butter/spread) (ICBINB)
Pam cooking spray
1. Diagonally slice eggplant about 1 inch thick.
2. Grease a cooking sheet (with pam cooking spray).
3. Cover each slice of eggplant with some olive oil on both sides.
4. Evenly distribute curry powder and parsley flakes over each slice of oiled eggplant. (both sides should be covered)
5. Place Eggplants on a greased cookie sheet. Place Eggplant in preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
6 In a small bowl mix ICBINB and pesto then evenly spread over each slice of french bread. ( ON ONE SIDE ONLY)
7. Place Bread on a sepreate greased cookie sheet and let bake on 350 degrees until cripsy and brown, about 7-10 minutes.
8. On High heat use more olive oil to saute onions in a frying pan until transparent. Add diced tomatoes and basil. Add Salt and black pepper to taste. Let cook for only 2-3 minutes. ***DO NOT COOK TOMATOES UNTIL MUSHY
9. Once Eggplant and bread are done. Take a slice of bread and place a slice of Eggplant on top. Use about 1tbs of tomatoe mixture on the top of the eggplant.
11. Sprinkle with Parmasan Cheese (optional)
10. SERVE AND ENJOY
Number of Servings: 6.5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NADIAK.