- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 314.1
- Total Fat: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 133.3 mg
- Sodium: 621.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 29.2 g
Bee's Turkey Spaghetti PieSubmitted by: BEEBOULDER
IntroductionMom's recipe, but lightened up a bit! This is a comfort food classic in my family! Mom's recipe, but lightened up a bit! This is a comfort food classic in my family!
Whole Wheat Spaghetti, cooked (pasta), 2 cup
Parmesan Cheese, shredded, 4 tbsp
Butter, salted, 1 tbsp
Egg, fresh, 2 large
Cottage Cheese, 2% Milkfat, 1 cup
Olive oil - 1 T.
Onions, raw, .5 cup, chopped
Garlic, 3 clove
Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean, 1 lb.
Tomato Paste, 1 can (6 oz)
Canned Tomatoes, 1 can
1 T. Italian seasoning
Cheese 2% Mozzarella Cheese, .5 cup (remove)
* Stir in 2 lightly beaten eggs, parmesan cheese and butter (or Country Crock Light)
* press into a round pie pan that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray - this is the "crust"
* saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, add turkey and cook
* add tomato paste and non-drained can of tomatoes and italian seasoning - simmer for 10 minutes
* scoop meat sauce mixture into the pasta "crust"
* Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes - top with mozzarella cheese and melt
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEEBOULDER.