- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 207.9
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 32.5 mg
- Sodium: 401.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 16.8 g
Lean Ground Beef & Mushroom Fried RiceSubmitted by: CHRISTIE2007
IntroductionDelicious Low Fat & Full of Flavor and Veggies Delicious Low Fat & Full of Flavor and Veggies
Abobo Seasoning, 1 tsp
Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
Mushrooms, fresh, 1 cup, pieces or slices
Mixed Vegetables Deluxe, Broccoli Carrots Mix, or your favotie , 2 cups
Market Pantry Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp
Low Sodium Beef Broth, 1.5 cups
Lean Ground Beef, 12 oz
Dry Brown Rice, 1.5 cup
1. Chop onion and mushrooms to desired length.
2. In a large skillet cook lean beef until brown, add seasoning to taste. Drain if needed.
3. Add onion and mushrooms to beef mixture, cook until onions are translucent. Set aside.
4. Spray the bottom of the pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
5. Brown the rice until a golden color.
6. Add meat mixture to the pan, stir.
7. Add Veggies, stir,
8. Add broth.
9. Bring the stove to simmer setting, Cover.
10. Let cook until rice is tender.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHRISTIE2007.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Very good! My husband said it was like hamburger helper, but I disagreed; there's bad stuff is in processed food boxes! Plus, I loved the vegetables in this dish. A one pot meal.
I didn't have Adobo seasoning; used sesame oil and the soy sauce. I also added zucchini and used barley not rice. - 3/23/09