- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 129.2
- Total Fat: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 28.1 mg
- Sodium: 77.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
Forbidden Chocolate BrowniesSubmitted by: WAHZOE
IntroductionAnother secret ingredient recipe. Absolutely no butter, and has beetroot instead. AMAZING! This is a gluten free recipe. You CAN use ordinary flour but the recipe would not then be gluten free.
By Harry Eastwood from Cook Yourself Thin Another secret ingredient recipe. Absolutely no butter, and has beetroot instead. AMAZING! This is a gluten free recipe. You CAN use ordinary flour but the recipe would not then be gluten free.
By Harry Eastwood from Cook Yourself Thin
400g topped, tailed and peeled beetroot (weight after peeling), cut into 2cm dice.
3 medium eggs
220g light Muscovado sugar
1/4 tsp salt
150g dark chocolate (preferably minimum 70% cocoa solids)
2tbsp white rice flour
70g cocoa powder
2tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2. Put the beetroot into a microwave proof bowl with a splash of water and cover. Microwave for 10 minutes.
3. While the beetroot is cooking, whizz the hazlenuts to a fine powder in a food processor. Take the time to grind them up as much as you can manage.
4. Whisk the eggs, sugar and salt with a hand held electric whisk in a large mixing bowl until tripled in volume.
5. Next turn your attention back to the beetroot. Drain the water from the cooked beetroot and blend to a puree. Add the chocolate squares and recover the bowl and set aside. You need to make sure the beetroot is piping hot so if it has cooled too much to melt the chocolate heat it up for a final minute in the microwave.
6. Beat the powdered hazelnuts, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract into the fluffy egg mixture until well combined.
7. Add the beetroot and melted chocolate puree to the mixture and FOLD through until fully incorporated.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle on a few roughly chopped nuts.
9. Cook in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and cook in the tin for at least 20 minutes before cutting into individual brownies and serving.
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WAHZOE.