- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 301.1
- Total Fat: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 13.2 mg
- Sodium: 233.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 12.6 g
Eggplant, Tomato, & Smoked Mozzarella PastaSubmitted by: RAINBOWACTIVIST
IntroductionEggplants are STILL in season! I'm running out of things to do - made this from ingredients I already had & it came out pretty tasty. I hope you like it. Eggplants are STILL in season! I'm running out of things to do - made this from ingredients I already had & it came out pretty tasty. I hope you like it.
* 8 oz. whole wheat pasta
* 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
* 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
* 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
* 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
* 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
* 2 tomatoes, cubed
* 2 cups fresh spinach
* 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella
* 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Heat a large nonstick skillet lightly oiled over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add fresh spinach and cover. When tomatoes are done and spinach is wilted, remove from heat and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, basil, oregano, and mint.
Layer eggplant and tomato mixture over pasta; sprinkle with smoked mozzarella and Parmesan. Toss to serve.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAINBOWACTIVIST.