Leahs Taco Stuffed ShellsSubmitted by: MOONTOES1
Introduction"Not your regular Italian stuffed shells! Easily doubled for a pot luck dinner...it's a great crowd pleaser!" "Not your regular Italian stuffed shells! Easily doubled for a pot luck dinner...it's a great crowd pleaser!"
* 16 jumbo pasta shells
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 1 cup water
* 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
* 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
* 1/4 cup sliced green onion
* 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
2. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and water; cook over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir the refried beans and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese into the taco meat. Spoon meat mixture into prepared pasta shells.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup salsa over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange filled shells over salsa. Spoon remaining salsa over shells.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with sliced green onion and 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Serve with sour cream.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOONTOES1.