- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 377.6
- Total Fat: 17.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 22.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
Quinoa with Toasted Almonds & CranberriesSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionTasty side dish Tasty side dish
1 Cup Quinoa
0.5 Cup Sliced Blanched ALmonds
0.5 Cup Dried Cranberries
1.5 Cups Chicken Broth
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
2. Rinse thoroughly.
3. On medium heat stir and toast the almonds until golden.
4. Add the rinsed Quinoa and stir & roast the Quinoa until dry and turning color.
5. Transfer toasted Quinoa & toasted Almonds to a 2 Qt. saucepan. Add the Cranberries, Cinnamon and Bay Leaf.
6. Bring Chicken Broth to a boil and then add to the above saucepan.
7. Bring to a boil again, cover and then turn heat down to simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
9. Fluff gently with a fork & serve.
This recipe came off the bag of Earthly Delights Organic Quinoa.
Though the recipe on the Quinoa Bag includes salt, I did not add the salt because my homemade broth already has salt.
I also used whole raw almonds instead of the blanched sliced almonds and coarse chopped them.
Servings: 4 generous servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.