Egg White Breakfast BurritoSubmitted by: LIPRINCESS1891
IntroductionOnly 200 calories and it packs a lot of protein! Only 200 calories and it packs a lot of protein!
1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
2 egg whites
1 cherry or grape tomato
1 garlic clove
1 oz or 1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp parsley
pepper to taste
A chopping board, a nonstick griddle pan, a mixing bowl, a whisk
1) Chop your veggies finely.
2) Beat your egg whites with the spices.
3) Heat your pan on medium to medium-low; using a non-stick spray is optional.
4) Add the veggies to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until most of their liquid evaporates.
5) Add egg whites to veggies and scramble or fry for another 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
6) Place eggs in middle of tortilla and wrap. Note - I cut off the ends of my tortilla, but you can also just use a 4 or 6 inch tortilla.
7) Enjoy! Makes one serving.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIPRINCESS1891.