Mozzarella Cheese SticksSubmitted by: TIME4ME2BFIT
IntroductionYUMMMM, these come from the Hungry Girl website. You need to use quite a bit of italian seasoning. YUMMMM, these come from the Hungry Girl website. You need to use quite a bit of italian seasoning.
2 1 oz light part skim mozzarella cheese stick snacks
1/4 cup Fiber one original cereal, ground to bread crumb like consistancy
2 TBSP egg beaters
Salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to taste
Non stick cooking spray
OPTIONAL: low fat marinara for dipping....nutritionals don't reflect any dipping sauce.
2) Place cereal in a blender or food processor and grind to a breadcrumb like consistancy.
3) Place cereal crumbs in a small container with a lid. Season to taste.
4) Cut cheese sticks in half so you end up with 4 little sticks. Place in a small bowl or zipper top bag. Pour in egg beaters and make sure each stick is coated completely.
5) Transfer, 1 stick at a time, to the cereal crumbs. Then again to the egg. So that they are dipped a total of twice in each.
6) Place sticks on a foil lined baking sheet lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Spritz the tops of the sticks before you put them in the oven.
7) Bake for 10 minutes or unti the cheese starts to look oozey. Serve warm with low fat marinara. NOTE: the nutritional count does not reflect the dipping sauce. Makes one serving.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TIME4ME2BFIT.