- Servings Per Recipe: 52
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 125.8
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 16.5 mg
- Sodium: 30.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookiesSubmitted by: SCRAP2DAY
IntroductionAlthough this recipe has butter and sugar, the oatmeal and flaxseed meal make it closer to "heart healthy". Although this recipe has butter and sugar, the oatmeal and flaxseed meal make it closer to "heart healthy".
1/4 cup FLOUR
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon SALT
1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
8 ounces (2 sticks) UNSALTED BUTTER, softened
1 cup LIGHT BROWN SUGAR, packed
1 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
2 large EGGS
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups OATS
2 cups CHOCOLATE CHIPS
2. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, by hand or by mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat the mixture until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or a large rubber spatula. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Place dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets by large spoonfuls (I use a small cookie scoop), leaving at least 2 inches between.
6. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown,18 minutes. Slide cookies (on parchment) onto cooling rack. Let cool, and store in airtight container.
Number of Servings: 52
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SCRAP2DAY.