Buttermilk CornbreadSubmitted by: TONGFENGDEMAO
IntroductionThis is a slight variation to a recipe I found here, but can no longer find. This is a slight variation to a recipe I found here, but can no longer find.
1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
.5 cup Flour, white
.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour
.5 cup Splenda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup lowfat Buttermilk
1 large Egg
.25 cup Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread with Flax Oil
2. Mix together cornmeal, flours, Splenda and baking powder.
3. Separately, beat egg and buttermilk together lightly.
4. blend wet and dry mixtures.
5. Add Smart Balance and mix for 1 minute.
6. Bake in an 8" x 8" greased baking dish for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 servings.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TONGFENGDEMAO.