Miso Marinated ChickenSubmitted by: IMELDASHOEQUEEN
½ cup basmati rice
¾ cup chicken stock
2 tsp sesame oil
240g chicken breast, finely sliced
2 Tbsp red miso paste
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 cup broccoli, broken into small florets
1 cup green bell peppers, cut into strips or diced
1 cup sweet re bell peppers, cut into strips or diced
½ cup edamame (soy beans), shelled
2 scallions, sliced coarsely
2 scallions, extra, green part only sliced finely on the diagonal
2. Bring the rice mixture to the boil then turn the heat to its lowest setting, cover tightly and leave for 20 minutes. Let stand covered for a further 10 minutes to allow the liquid to the fully absorbed.
3. Meanwhile mix the miso and rice wine vinegar in a bowl until well combined. Add the sliced chicken to marinate while the rice is cooking.
4. When the rice moves to its 10 minutes standing time, coat a wok with cooking oil spray and stir-fry the chicken, with the marinade, over a high heat for 5 minutes.
5. Toss the remaining vegetables into the wok and stir-fry everything for a further 3-4 minutes, then fluff the rice and add to the wok.
6. Toss everything thoroughly to mix and heat through and serve sprinkled with extra scallions.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user IMELDASHOEQUEEN.