Sweet Potato SconesSubmitted by: JESSAMILLY
IntroductionThese scones go great with any dish you are serving and are pretty simple to make! These scones go great with any dish you are serving and are pretty simple to make!
1 1/4 cup plain flour
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp. brown sugar
5 oz. mashed sweet potatoes
2/3 cup 1% milk
4 tbsp butter or margerine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees C
Grease baking sheet. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes with the milk and melted butter or margerine. Beat well to blend.
3. Add the flour to the sweet potato mixture and stir to make a dough. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until soft and pliable.
4. Roll or pat dough to a 1/2 inch (1 cm.) thickness. Cut into rounds using a 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cutter.
5. Arrange rounds on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes until risen and lightly golden. Serve warm.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JESSAMILLY.