Last of Summer Stir FrySubmitted by: RAINBOWACTIVIST
IntroductionMy CSA box keeps coming up eggplants! I know fall is almost here, so I made this stirfry of what should be the last of summer's vegetables. My CSA box keeps coming up eggplants! I know fall is almost here, so I made this stirfry of what should be the last of summer's vegetables.
* Eggplant, fresh, 2 eggplant, peeled
* Tofu, firm, 0.75 block
* Zucchini, baby, 1 medium
* *Summer Squash, 1 small
* Vegetable Broth, 1 cup
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
* Garlic, 2 cloves
* Tomato Paste, 0.2 cup
* Salt, & Pepper to taste
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped
* *Onion powder, .5 tsp
* Garlic powder, .5 tsp
* Oil, 1 tbsp.
2. Cube tofu and place in a bowl with veg. broth, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper.
3. Peel and cube eggplant, slice squash, and dice peppers.
4. Heat oil in large skillet. Saute onion & garlic until onion is soft. Add tomato paste, and tofu/veg. broth mixture. Cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add eggplant and cook about 5 minutes more.
6. Add pepper & squash, salt & pepper to taste, and cook a bit longer.
Serves 6 - I plan to serve this over Jasmine Rice.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAINBOWACTIVIST.