No Oil Banana Nut MuffinsSubmitted by: BEINGHAPPY1
IntroductionThese muffins are Gluten Free, Oil Free and Lactose Free and taste AWESOME!!
They also have the secret ingredient of carrot, no one in my house has noticed or complained. These muffins are Gluten Free, Oil Free and Lactose Free and taste AWESOME!!
They also have the secret ingredient of carrot, no one in my house has noticed or complained.
2 Cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (I use White Wings)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup mashed over-ripe banana
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup low fat Zymil (or other lactose free milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pre-heat oven to 180c
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl until well mixed
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl until well mixed.
3. Add wet mix to the dry mix and stir as little as possible until just combined.
4. Divide the mix into the pans
5. Bake at 180c for 25 mins , or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin, turning the pan 1/2 way through
6. When cooked remove from oven and leave muffins in pan for 5 mins and then remove to a wire rack to cool.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEINGHAPPY1.