- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 199.5
- Total Fat: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 96.6 mg
- Sodium: 247.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
Roast Chicken With Orange Mustard GlazeSubmitted by: CHUCKLES0719
IntroductionAdapted from recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/
I used half a chicken and adjusted recipe. Also, used fresh rosemary rather than basil. Adapted from recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/
I used half a chicken and adjusted recipe. Also, used fresh rosemary rather than basil.
1/2 roasting chicken, about 2-2.5 pounds
1 tablespoons cold butter, unsalted
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Salt and pepper
Fresh rosemary sprigs
Sprigs and leaves of fresh herbs, such as thyme and basil, optional
1 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1/2 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted
2) Line a roasting pan with foil or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Put a rack in the pan or set 4 3-inch ribs of celery in the pan to make a simple rack.
3) Sprinkle the chicken and cavity with salt and pepper. Using fingers to slide under the skin, gently loosen skin over the chicken breasts and legs. Mix butter with garlic; spread butter evenly under the skin, then tuck whole rosemary sprigs under the skin. (If desired put other herb leaves under skin. Put some herb sprigs and leaves in the cavity of the chicken, if desired.) Place the chicken on the rack of celery in the roasting pan.
4) In another bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate with mustard, brown sugar, and melted butter. Set aside.
5) Roast the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes per pound, or until chicken registers about 165° when an instant-read thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
6)Brush the chicken with the orange glaze mixture and continue roasting for 10 minutes longer, brushing a few more times with glaze.
7) Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHUCKLES0719.