Sour Cabbage SaladSubmitted by: NOGIRLSOSWEET
IntroductionA tangy cabbage salad, perfect with meat and potatoes. A tangy cabbage salad, perfect with meat and potatoes.
- Fresh red cabbage - about 600 grams.
- Salt - about 1 teaspoon.
- White vinegar - 4 tablespoons.
- Granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Canola Oil - 1 teaspoon.
- Onions - 1/2 a medium red onion.
- Pepper to taste.
- Boil 1 cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and cabbage. Cook on medium for about eight minutes.
- Drain water. Add the vinegar, sugar, oil, and pepper.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill. Add finely chopped onion after the cabbage is chilled.
Makes at least eight good portions for a side dish.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NOGIRLSOSWEET.