Butternut Squash SoupSubmitted by: WANNALEARNTORUN
* Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
* Water, tap, 5 cup (8 fl oz)
* Orange Juice, 4 tbl spoons
* Cinnamon, ground, .25 tsp
* Salt, .5 tsp
* *Coriander seed, .5 tsp
* Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp
* Beans, white, 2 15 oz cans
peel and cut up the squash. Combine squash water and spice. bring to a boil. reduce to simmer, cooking about 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
Rinse beans. Add beans, OJ, vinegar, stir. Then put in blender or food processor to puree.
Original recipe had onion, olive oil and cumin, but I used what I had. I also think more cinnamon and OJ or sugar and this could be a really sweet soup.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LCFLYTHE.