raspberry browniesSubmitted by: JENNIFAY3
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 cup raspberry preserves or jam (seedless or not)
* 1 cup melted butter (8 ounces)
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* chopped pecans, about 1/2 cup, optional
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
* **Optional Topping**
* 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves or jam (seedless or not)
* 1/2 to 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
Beat sugar with eggs and salt until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and jam until smooth and well blended. Stir in the melted butter until blended, then stir in cocoa and flour. Add chocolate chips, if using. Spread in prepared pan and sprinkle with chopped pecans, if using.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. The brownies will be soft and moist, but shouldn't be runny in the center. If a toothpick comes out with batter, let them bake a little longer.
These brownies are soft and sticky to cut, so let them cool thoroughly.
For optional topping, heat the raspberry preserves; stir in the confectioners' sugar until the mixure reaches the desired consistency. If the mixture is a little too thick, add hot water, a drop or two at a time, until you can drizzle the mixture.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNIFAY3.