Dad's Lumpia/EggrollsSubmitted by: MISTY_RN
IntroductionYummy eggrolls stuffed full of veggies. For lumpia (what I've been told is the Phillipine version of egg rolls) use spring roll papers. We use these as a meal but make a great side or appetizer too! Yummy eggrolls stuffed full of veggies. For lumpia (what I've been told is the Phillipine version of egg rolls) use spring roll papers. We use these as a meal but make a great side or appetizer too!
30 Egg Roll Wrappers
2.5 Cups FROZEN French Cut Green Beans
6 cups Shredded Cabbage (coleslaw mix)
10.5 oz Shredded carrots
2 lbs Lean Ground Beef (nutritional values are for 80/20 Ground Beef. Half beef and half ground turkey makes an excellent substitution as well)
Egg white for sealing wrappers.
2.Add shredded carrots, cook until just slightly soft.
3. Add green beans and shredded cabbage. (Best to add half of shredded cabbage at a time and allow it to cook down slightly.)
4. Season as desired using garlic powder, black pepper, etc. Cook down until veggies are a little soft but still crunchy. (They shouldn't be mushy!)
5. When mixture is done, remove from heat.
6. Transfer mixture, one spoonful at a time, to a strainer over the sink or bowl to allow grease and water to drain. Allow to drain and cool slightly.
7. Place 1/4 c mixture in corner of egg roll wrapper and wrap according to instructions on package. Seal egg roll with egg whites.
8. For HEALTHIEST results - place egg rolls in the oven at 350 and bake until crisp.
9. For NOT HEALTHIEST but best results, deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on wire cookie rack over a cookie sheet. Nutritional info doesn't contain the oil for deep frying.
Recipe makes 30 egg rolls.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MISTY_RN.