- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200.6
- Total Fat: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 21.3 mg
- Sodium: 94.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
Stuffed Roasted Yellow PeppersSubmitted by: RAINBOWCO
IntroductionTo have a non meat dish cook the ground beef seperately and add to 1/2 half of the rice mixture. Roasting the peppers and removing the skins takes a little longer but is worth doing. To have a non meat dish cook the ground beef seperately and add to 1/2 half of the rice mixture. Roasting the peppers and removing the skins takes a little longer but is worth doing.
8 Medium yellow or red sweet peppers, roasted and skin removed
8 oz lean ground beef
1 garlic clove - minced
1 medium onion - finely diced
1/2 cabbage finely chopped
1 medium carrot - shredded(more it you like)
2 15 oz cans of Diced tomatoes-No Salt added
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried basil
Pepper to taste
When the whole pepper is charred, remove and place in ziplock plasitic bag. Let peppers steam in bag for 15-20 minutes. Remove skin from peppers.
This is extra work but make for a good tasting stuffed pepper.
1. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add vegetables and saute until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, rice, sugar, basil and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the ground beef and drain.
4. After the rice has sat from required time add ground beef to rice mixture. If you want some veggie stuffed peppers only, stuff the peppers before adding meat to the rice mixture.
5. Put the stuffed peppers in a microwave safe pan and microwave on high for 5 minutes to reheat before serving.
This makes 8 large servings.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAINBOWCO.