Mo's GuacamoleSubmitted by: MOMOKO
IntroductionVery basic, authentic guacamole with some options to change it up according to taste or occasion Very basic, authentic guacamole with some options to change it up according to taste or occasion
2 fresh organic avocados, diced
2 cloves fresh organic garlic, minced
Juice of 2 fresh organic lime sections
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of fresh ground black pepper
Good source of vitamins b6 and c, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and monounsaturated fats.
1. Add an eighth of a purple jalapeno, minced.
2. Add chopped fresh organic cilantro. Mix into the guacamole or sprinkle on as a garnish
3. Add a half cup of diced fresh organic tomato. Purple cherokee heirlooms look especially nice either mixed in or used as a garnish.
4. Serve guacamole on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce and garnish as desired.
5. If not concerned with consuming gmo corn, serve the guacamole in tortilla "scoops".
6. To increase protein stir in a fourth cup cooked organic black turtle beans.
7. May also sprinkle on a tablespoon of shredded organic cheddar or jack cheese. Try a non-dairy alternative if you want to keep it vegan.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMOKO.