- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 241.4
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 17.7 mg
- Sodium: 393.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
Healthy whole wheat and oat banana nut muffinsSubmitted by: MMCCLAY1
IntroductionThese are incredible, my husband loves them. High fiber, high protein, no oil or butter. Can use oat flour too for gluten free needs. These are incredible, my husband loves them. High fiber, high protein, no oil or butter. Can use oat flour too for gluten free needs.
* Walnuts, 1 cup, chopped and toasted
* *Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup (can also use oat flour)
* 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
* Flaxseed, 1/2 cup
* Baking Powder, 2 tsp
* Baking Soda, 1 tsp
* Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup, packed
* Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
* Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp (or All Spice)
* Salt, 1 tsp
* Egg, fresh, 1 large
* Mott's Applesauce, Original, 8 oz.
* Banana, fresh, 2 medium mashed
* Vanilla Extract, 1 tbsp
Combine all dry ingredients and walnuts. In separate bowl, combine brown sugar and wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir till just combined. Will be really lumpy. Spray muffin tin with Pam, and fill cups. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MMCCLAY1.