Veggie and Beef LasagnaSubmitted by: CHRISSIET01
IntroductionThis is a combination of recipes that I found over the years. Looks and tastes great!
*Omit the beef for a lowfat, low-cal, vegetarian meal! This is a combination of recipes that I found over the years. Looks and tastes great!
*Omit the beef for a lowfat, low-cal, vegetarian meal!
Carrots, raw, 2 medium (sliced thin)
Onions, raw, 1 medium (sliced thin
Celery, raw, 1 cup, (sliced thin)
Green Bell Peppers, 1 cup, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive oil, 1 tbsp
zucchini-1 medium, (sliced thin)
Portobella Mushrooms 1 cup (sliced)
Mozarella Cheese-Reduced Fat, 1 cup
Basil, 4 tbsp
Parsley, dried, 3 tbsp
PASTA SAUCE-4 cups of your favorite- I use Bertoli Portobello Mushroom w/Merlot
Tomato Paste, 5 tbsp
4C Grated Homestyle 100 % imported parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup (I prefer the extra zing of this parmesan over others)
Pasta-Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Lasagna, 1/2 box
Cheese-Ricotta Part Skim, 16 oz
93% lean ground beef-16 oz, browned
salt & pepper to taste
2) Cook lasagna noodles according to directions, drain & seperate noodles so they do not stick.
3) Place olive oil in pan. Heat oil and add carrots, onion, celery, and bell pepper. Season with salt & pepper as desired. Stir over med. low heat until veggies are slightly tender. Add zucchini and mushrooms and continue cooking until tender.
4) In seperate bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, basil, parsley, thyme and ground beef.
5) Spray casserole dish with Pam. Set aside 1/4 cup mozarella cheese.
6) Spoon enough sauce to cover bottom of casserole dish.
7) Slightly overlap enough noodles to cover the sauce in the casserole (4-5 dependent on the size of the dish).
8) Mix sauce and tomato paste.
8) Top the noodles with 1/3 of the veggie mixture followed by 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup sauce mixture, 1/3 cup mozarella, and 1 tbsp parmesan.
9) Repeat this sequence to create 1 more layers, ending with sauce.
10) Sprinkle with remaining mozarella and bake 30-35 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly and top is crusty.
11) Cut into 12 equal portions and serve.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHRISSIET01.