Quick Garbanzo Hot SoupSubmitted by: VELVET500
IntroductionI threw all kinds of stuff together when I had 10 minutes and let it simmer on the stove for another 15 mins. It was actually really good. I threw all kinds of stuff together when I had 10 minutes and let it simmer on the stove for another 15 mins. It was actually really good.
Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
Crushed Tomatoes, 200 grams
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 1 cup
Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tbsp
Garlic, 4 tsp
Ginger, ground, 2 tbsp
Bay Leaf, 1 tbsp, crumbled
Turmeric, ground, 1 tsp
Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
Salt, 3 tsp
*Cumin seed, 1 tsp
Cloves, ground, 1 tsp
Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp
2) heat the olive oil
3) toss in the onions, garlic, ginger, and all the spices
4) when the onions are browned a little, open a can of crushed tomatoes and throw some in, with a little water to make it brothy; salt this to taste
5) add a bay leaf so the soup base picks up the aroma
6) when the tomato broth starts to boil, stir in a drained can of chickpeas
7) cover, lower the heat a bit and let it all simmer on the stove for like 15 minutes.
makes 4 servings - could be good with couscous or rice.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VELVET500.