- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 251.1
- Total Fat: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 71.9 mg
- Sodium: 587.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
'Very Veggie' Pasta Sauce w/ Ground TurkeySubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionAnother great pasta sauce... Mmmm veggies 'n protein! ;-) [Created 2009-10-17.]
Another great pasta sauce... Mmmm veggies 'n protein! ;-) [Created 2009-10-17.]
* 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
* 150g Onion, diced (1/2 medium-to-large red onions, +/-)
* 275g Red Bell Peppers, chopped (2 average peppers, +/-)
* 385g Mushrooms, chopped (2 8-oz. containers white mushrooms, trimmed, +/-)
* 575 g President's Choice Air Chilled EXRA LEAN MINCED TURKEY with Seasoning
* 150g Baby Spinach leaves, chopped (4 handfulls, +/-)
* 1 1/2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning, or enough to suit your taste
* 1 jar (700ml) President's Choice Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce (or anything about 70 calories and 2g fat per 1/2 cup serving!)
2. Add the onions, red peppers, and mushrooms, and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 or 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground turkey and Italian seasoning spice, and cook a few minutes more, until the turkey is no longer pink.
4. Add the spinach, and cook a minute or so, until 'wilted'.
5. Add the jar of pasta sauce to the pot and stir to incorporate. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until blended and heated through (and turkey is thoroughly cooked!), at least 15, but closer to 30 minutes for best results and flavour development.
6. This makes 6 generous 8-oz cups / 'servings' of pasta sauce.
7. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.