Meatloaf-StuffedSubmitted by: PAULA.IN.NH
IntroductionStuffed with spinach and hot ham. Stuffed with spinach and hot ham.
1 1/2 pound 93% lean ground beef.
3/4 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked).
1/2 cup minced onion.
2 oz roasted red peppers, minced.
1/2 cup Heinz One Carb Ketchup.
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/4 teaspoon pepper.
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry.
4 oz Hot Capicola (hot ham).
1/2 cup Kraft Mozzarella Finely shredded Part Skim cheese.
Line a shallow baking pan with tin foil, and spray a baking rack with cooking spray. (for easy clean-up)
2. In a large bowl mix ground beef, oatmeal, onion, red peppers, ketchup, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
3. On a sheet of tin foil flatten ground beef mixture into a rectangle which is about 1/2 thick.
4. Add the spinach in an even layer on top of ground beef, leaving a 1/2 inch space around the edges.
5. Add the Capicola in a layer on top of the spinach, also leaving the 1/2 inch space around the edges of the ground beef.
6. Starting at one end, roll up the ground beef. (jelly roll fashion). Seal the edges.
7. Place the meatloaf on the baking rack, over the shallow baking pan.
8. Cook uncovered for 1 hour. Add cheese on top and return to the oven until melted.
Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
(The center of the meatloaf maybe a little pink because of the ham) It will be fully cooked :)
8 slices - Serves 8.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PAULAINNH.